Saturday, November 26, 2011

Google Blogger's "Manage Blogs I Follow"

I've been pretty happy with Google's Blogger in terms of writing and editing posts, but there's one feature or lack there of that has me about ready to jump ship. It's the "Manage Blogs I Follow" function. The problem is that it's not functional. When I add or remove blogs that I want to follow in this function, it appears to refresh. But when I sign out and sign back in, the changes are lost. I've unsuccessfully tried three different PCs and three different browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome. I've tried clearing cookies. I've tried making the updates in both Google Reader and Google Profile. The problem first occurred for me on the older version of Blogger, which is why I updated to the newer version of Blogger. But none of these changes have fixed the updating problem. I have wasted a lot of time on this problem.

The result is that I'm not getting updates on the blogs that I want to follow. That's a problem for me. I'd like to think that my blogging habits evolve, but Google Blogger has me frozen in time. Some google searching brings up similar complaints from two years ago. Really Google engineers, you've known about this problem for years? Below is the link with the latest Google forum thread.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/blogger/thread?tid=1fd075ca903c42a8&hl=en

In the past two weeks, over 100 people have bothered to take the time to list the browser type, Blogger version and blog address that they can't follow.



2 comments:

  1. I feel your frustration. I've had the same problem, too.

    -Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your "Google Blogger's "Manage Blogs I Follow"" ..Isabel Marant Heels(dsf2012.4.11)

    ReplyDelete