Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Lychee Fruit and the Fruit Market

I've been veggin out the last few days on vacation. It's Tuesday, so here's a twofer from my Wuhan trip.

One of the things that I wanted to do in China was eat durian fruit. It's a tropical fruit native to southeast Asia. Some folks in Wuhan told me that durian is the fruit that smells like hell and tastes like heaven. Some people find the odor of durian so offensive that hotels in Thailand where it is popular post signs banning people from keeping durian fruit in their rooms. One description of the odor is similar to sweaty socks. That's curious to me because I always thought Doritos smell like sweaty socks, and people love the taste of Doritos.

Durian Fruit

Unfortunately or not, I didn't find any durian in Wuhan. There just wasn't enough time to search it out. Here's a video searching for the fruit in a market down a back alley.



I did find some lychee fruit. Here's what it looks like:

No comments:

Post a Comment