Sunday, October 7, 2012

Music City Half Marathon

Chip Time: 1:33:44
AG: 4/40
Overall: 22/509
Pace: 7:10/mile
Course Conditions: Shelby Bottoms Greenway (mostly flat for Tennesee)
Weather Conditions: Cool and Cloudy (upper 40s, lower 50s)



It's been a few years since I've run a half marathon due to nagging injuries, so I was looking forward to running the Music City Half Marathon today in Nashville, TN. The weather cooperated for running. It was a little chilly to be honest, or at least it felt that way after setting record breaking temperatures this summer. But a few light layers, long sleaves and a pair of gloves, and I was good to go.

The good news is that there were no bad surprises. I ran pretty much how I expected to run. And I'm still uninjured. The bad news is that there were no good surprises. It's a good feeling when you discover you can take it to your next level.
My pace was even throughout the race. I relied heavily on my Garmin to run consistently which is something that I normally don't do. Typically, I run by feel. My pace varied from 6:30 to 7:30, but it was usually between 7:00-7:10

.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, great time. Congrats! It'll be at least until next year when I run another half. Nice video log. Funny about the mistaken ID. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Viper, thanks for your feedback. It feels good to be back in running condition, pushing to lower those times. Now if I just don't do anything stupid like too much core. I like your quality over quantity mentality. Let's see a vid of those onearmedpushupedness bad boys.

    ReplyDelete